[ale] ovirt is rapidly losing it's charm

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri May 4 12:30:14 EDT 2018

Hi,

I started with 4.0 and am now running 4.1 (haven't upgraded to 4.2, yet).

What, specifically, is missing or are you trying to do?

For the record, I have a bunch of different platform VMs including CentOS,
Fedora, and Windows.  But generally I just let the thing run and don't
touch it.

-derek

On Fri, May 4, 2018 12:16 pm, James Taylor via Ale wrote:
> I finally got an ovirt cluster installed, and even have a few VMs running
> on it, but the entire management interface was changed in the 4.x
> releases, and every time I try to find documentation, everything refers to
> the previous interfaces, and it doesn't apply.
> I've wasted a ridiculous amount of time on this, and I think I'm going to
> punt it and start over with another solution, as soon as find something
> more manageable.
> I suppose if you wanted ti use it to run a bunch of Red Hat VMs, it's
> great, but I have a lot of different platforms to support, and it's just
> too much of a pain to get going with it.
> -jt
>

> James Taylor
> 678-697-9420
> james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745