[ale] [OT] Looking for someone to do SMD rework.

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Mar 29 19:14:06 EDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 03:58:38PM -0400, Horkan Smith via Ale wrote:
> Are you sure it wouldn't be easier to retrain your car to the new key fob?  I've done that for Fords & Chevys w/ instructions from 3rd party key fob sellers.  The instructions varied, but usually involved shorting two wires on the OBDII port or using a strange pattern of key-on/key-off/lock-doors/etc.

I second this suggestion.  I bought my daily driver with no fobs and
a disabled security system.  Now everything works; the instructions
were actually in the owner's manual.

That said, many vehicles require a working fob in order to train a new
one.  It all depends on the manufacturer and model.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^