[ale] [OT] Looking for someone to do SMD rework.

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Thu Mar 29 14:45:31 EDT 2018

Hi,

I have succeeded in breaking my car key fob, which really sucks.
Specifically the attenna for the transponder has fallen off and the pad for
that attenna has lifted off the board. Of course replacements cost a
fortune. I was able to secure a batch of used key fobs, so I have clean
boards with properly attached attenna. But the car is keyed to the specific
transponder on the bad board, which is a 14 pin DIP SOIC.

Can anyone, or knows someone, who can do some SMD rework to transfer the
working transponder to a clean board? My attempts after viewing YouTube
University to remove and replace the SOIC makes me wary of attempting to do
this myself with the absolutely only chip that can start the car.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly welcome.

Thanks,

BAJ

--
Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology