[ale] Slightly OT: LineageOs is like discovering Santa Claus is real!!

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Thu Mar 29 11:35:57 EDT 2018

To be accurate, I have the HTC ADR6425LVW.    One of many nice things
about LineageOS is they list actual model numbers.   Which doesn't
include that model.

Yes I can search with model number, and XDA, and we're back down the
rabbit hole, looking at pages that haven't been updated in 6 years,
which reference ROMS and component file links that aren't there anymore,
and include long trails of discussion about how the directions are
wrong.

So one can imagine my lack of enthusiasm.

The kinda funny thing is now my wife has a new Moto Android 7 phone on
Ting, but she doesn't use data, and doesn't have any apps except Any.do
on it.   And thus far she won't let me put anything on it. ;-)

My phone is the travel workhorse which has all our email imap
connections, the mobile hotspot, the burglar alarm control the house
thermostat control, and I'm stuck on Android 4.0.3.

Yeah, I could get a new phone, but I really don't like big honkin'
phones.

regards,