[ale] Solved: Multi-label names

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:08:36 EST 2018

Solved (sort of). To refresh, the problem was that the cashing name
server n systemd, systemd-resolved, which listens on 127.0.0.53:53, was
taking 10 seconds to time out if asked to lookup an invalid host name. I
did not manage to fix systemd-resolved. Instead I manually installed a
hand-written version of /etc/resolv.conf and restarted systemd-resolved.
According to the systemd-resolved man page, if /etc/resolv.conf is a
file, and not a symlink to /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf, then
systemd-resolved uses that file instead of creating the symlink. So
systemd-resolved is still listening on 127.0.0.53#53. If any systemd
program depends on that daemon, it should still work.