[ale] UBuntu 17.10 EOL today

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Jul 19 11:28:07 EDT 2018

I'd suggest ephemeralware rather than vaporware.  Since it did in fact exist it isn't vaporware.

Vaporware is used to describe software that is "coming in the next release" according to sales people that almost never comes in the next release and often enough never comes in any future release.   Any time a sales person answers my question with "we don't have that now but..." I ignore the "now but..." as the real answer is "we don't have that".

Online definition I found that is much kinder than it ought to be:

"va·por·ware
ˈvāpərˌwer/
nounComputinginformal
noun: vapourware; noun: vaporware

software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed."