[ale] Ouch

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Tue Jan 2 22:24:07 EST 2018

Ohh.. yeah... Ouch!!  A 30% performance hit?!?!  I've never really had any
major issues with Intel processors but I built my new workstation with the
new AMD Ryzen 1700X (8 cores, 16 logical procs) processor and I really like
it. I run multiple VMs on it for work and I have never even seen it get
above 5%.  The only thing I have done to make it warm for a few minutes is
transcoding video and burning DVDs. Even then, the GPU helps out and keeps
things moving smoothly.

/Raj