[ale] Why systemd vs sysvinit really doesn't matter to me

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 16:17:34 EST 2018

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 3:34 PM, Damon L. Chesser via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
> The Market has spoken.

If the status quo were sufficient and the market voice enough then
Linux would not exist. No need for it. That's perspective.

You're right, compared to the ills of the world a Linux init system
isn't a big deal. That's why I moderate my tone and express my
opinions tactfully.

Having the option if systemd, or not, would have been a better course
of action for me. Having to move from sysvinit to systemd is something
I don't have to do right now. That gives me a little time to look at
my career and think about where I want to grow into. I feel systemd is
bad enough that what RHEL 7 is seems to not be Linux. If I'm not doing
Linux then a lot of things open up.

Leam