[ale] Why systemd vs sysvinit really doesn't matter to me

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Sat Feb 17 15:34:01 EST 2018

EXACTLY how I think and how I feel.  I don't get The Great Controversy.
If you use it professionally, there is no choice.  If you use it
privately or you support your customers yourself, you have to do a lot
of work if you don't use systemd.  But, who cares if you want to do all
that work, go for it?  But, and, leave me alone to use major vendors and
support commercial institutions in their day to day quest for market share.

I could roll my own for home use, but, I just don't care enough, If you
do, please roll your own and stop telling me how worthless the OS I use
everyday is.  by the very feat that I use it everyday (Red hat, Debian,
Fedora, Ubuntu and Arch) says it is NOT worthless and A Living Hell.  I
just learn what I need to learn, apply that knowledge, and move on with
what REALLY matters (making money to feed my family, spending time with
the same, and sometimes killing on screen video bad guys (in Linux, no
less)).

The Market has spoken.  Perhaps it was a rigged game with a rigged
vote?  Eh.  roll you own.  If this sounds harsh, it is not meant to be.
Just factual on what My View is.  I just don't get it.  The emotional
turmoil.  Really?  People are dying the world over for a variety of
reasons.  No matter what side of an issue you take, there is mass
injustice and people are up in arms YEARS after an init system is
replaced?  OK.  Put it into perspective.