[ale] Knowledge/equivalency database?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat May 27 16:11:53 EDT 2017

I think you want a "catalog" or "parts DB" - those would be the terms I
used for web searching.

If I'm putting it inside the corporate network, not accessable publicly,
then any language would be fine.  If I'm putting it outside the
corporate network or on some cloud servers, then I'd have security at
the front and I'd use a language that isn't known for being hacked.

Inside the corporate LAN, RoR would be at the top of my list, but it
requires heavy resources and won't run and cannot be maintained on
general, low-end VPS cloud servers.  I've had gem update refuse to
complete on less than 1G of RAM, for example.  Python and Perl don't
have this issue.

My $0.20.

BTW, a catalog webapp is a very common first web-app in the training
books for pretty much any webapp framework.  Most of these frameworks
really hide the HTML from you until you want something like drag-n-drop.