[ale] SMB routers capable of having multiple WAN IPs on one interface?

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Sat Jul 29 14:30:58 EDT 2017

On Saturday 29 July 2017 11:27:29 Raj Wurttemberg wrote:
> Hey DJ,
>
> - This isn't my call. The company's clients requested FTP, so I have no
> choice.  I'm trying to see if I can get one of their clients to switch to
> sftp but both have hardware that is dependent on FTP.

Why not set up an account on your server for each FTP insister? No need for
multiple IPs, most likely.

<snip>

> - I know you mentioned Linux, while not Linux.... I am experimenting with
> pfSense as well. I run pfSense at home but have not checked to see if it can
> do multiple WAN IPs or VIPs. From what I have seen over the past few
> months, pfSense does a good job of maintaining their software and I would
> gladly move to one of their appliances for business use.

Yes, pfSense can do multiple WAN connections, and load-balance and failover
between them.

Out of the box, pfSense is fine, but many of the community add-ons are garbage.
Caveat emptor.

--
Joey Kelly
Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant