[ale] ssh issue

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Aug 8 12:29:58 EDT 2017

On 08/08/2017 11:30 AM, Kyle Brieden wrote:
> The thing about ssh-copy-id script is that it goes through and
> confirms/resets things like perms and other obscure things, too.
> Basically, it just is a one-shot "fix most ssh key issues" bullet.  I
> just wish it gave a report of what it changed in instances like yours.

I can still remember when I discovered ssh-copy-id, after doing it
manually for 15+ yrs.  I felt very foolish.

If you aren't using the ~/.ssh/config file, please take a look at it
too.  Every tool I've ever used that leverages ssh honors the settings
in there.  No need to know ports or userids or forget keep-alive
settings ever again. Want to automate access to a host that isn't on the
internet via a jump-box?  No problem.

ssh-copy-id and ~/.ssh/config will change your lives.