[ale] Brother printer woes

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Aug 1 16:48:47 EDT 2017

There is a Brother MFC-L2700DW all in one printer wirelessly connected
to a network as 192.168.30.118.  I'm sure of the ip address because I
can connect to it via http and look at the status.  I also see the mac
address on the lcd panel and it corresponds to the mac address in
pfsense which links to .118. The cups server on 192.168.50.2 sees the
printer fine and I was able to configure it without difficulty.  I can
telnet to port 9100 on .118 and was able to connect the cups server with
either server://192.168.30.118:9100 or server://192.168.30.118.
Everything looks great and when I print a test page, it shows me the job
in the print queue and then show it finished in the jobs completed.  The
only problem is that it must be  using invisible paper.  I attempted to
use the print self test page and it claimed it was successful, but
again, no paper.

I don't know what to try next.  I did browse the printer and look at the
settings and all looks fine.

Anything else I might do?

Thanks,

Jim.