[ale] Why Run your own email server?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Sep 30 15:27:45 EDT 2016

Interesting.

I use lightning with Thunderbird to connect to Zimbra's calendar (and a
few others - like the ALE meetup and my college football team's
calendar. Zimbra has the idea of different calendars, so for a
conference, I'll add a 2-3 day detailed cal and add that to Lightning or
any CalDAV client (like Android).  For addressbook - Thunderbird does
LDAP queries directly. That works fine on the LAN, but not-so-great over
the WAN due to latency.

Just showing that all options have trade-offs.

Been playing with NextCloud Calendar and Contacts today. Meh.  Figure I
must be doing it wrong.