[ale] Why Run your own email server?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Sep 30 14:57:58 EDT 2016

Yes. You just configure with secure imap/smtp.
No address book or calendar sync for thunderbird, unless you know of dav clients that will work. I've heard that people have success with lightning, but I haven't tried it.
evolution may still do the addressbook and calendar, but I think that may have been pulled in later releases.
You can connect using outlook natively (with some additional configuration), but not as fully featured, though you still have calendar and contact sync.

outlook 2013 will work with the mobile agents.

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> 9/30/2016 1:51 PM >>>
Thanks. Groupwise is commercial from Novell, right?  Looks like the
clients are java-based. Can normal clients be used - thunderbird,
outlook, evolution?
-jt

Zimbra works with any clients, but their webclient is completely
awesome, for those who like webmail. I only use it to manage server-side
filters. They don't have a thick-client anymore. It was a typical,
bloated, Java application and best to let it die.