[ale] Why Run your own email server?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Sep 29 17:50:53 EDT 2016

It was Exchange running on a Comcast Biz connection before they
outsourced it. I don't recall any other details.

Ars had extensive coverage of everything known the last few years, if
you want more details.

I'm honestly surprised that any of those original emails still existed.
Guess everyone (i.e. Clinton's) haven't been to corporate training about
keeping emails 90 days or moving them to a system of record that follows
the corporate data destruction rules? Basically, if the data inside an
email is that important, it should have ended up somewhere else in the
project files, which would be the "official record."  Having the raw
email is seldom good, unless it is CYA.

Plus having received multiple legal department emails to "retain and
forward all emails related to XYZ corporation" until told otherwise, is
a pain.  Best not to have any by that point.