[ale] Why Run your own email server?

Ken Cochran kwc at shell.TheWorld.com
Thu Sep 29 17:21:39 EDT 2016

Curious, is there any info on the specifics of Mrs. Clinton's
email server/hardware/config/software?  I wonder if it
was, say, a Linux or BSD box or some kind of turn-key-ish
"appliance"-thing from the likes of Barracuda or ???  (I'd
suppose if it were some M$-powered thing it would happily &
randomly delete All Kinds Of Stuff :P).  I haven't seen anything
but it might be that snake I overlooked...  Thanks, -k

PS:  "Beating" has become the family euphemism for shopping
at Wal-Mart, e.g. "I'm off to my beating" = well, you know...

> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:40:48 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
> Subject: Re: [ale] Why Run your own email server?