[ale] Crontab on ESXi

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Tue May 31 11:57:25 EDT 2016

Thanks for getting me on the right track folks.

It looks like ESXi needs the day specified as MON,TUE,WED etc.

ed

*Edward O. Holcroft*
IT Operations Manager

*Madsen, Kneppers & Associates, Inc.*
Construction Consultants & Engineers
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250
Johns Creek, GA 30097

*O*  770.446.9606  |  *F*  770.446.9612  |  *C*  770.630.0949  |
eholcroft at mkainc.com

www.mkainc.com

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Phil Turmel <philip at turmel.org> wrote:

> On 05/31/2016 08:22 AM, Edward Holcroft wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I have a crontab entry on EXI v6:
> >
> > 0    1    *   *   7   /sbin/sh
> > /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/util/ghettoVCB-master/ghettoVCB.sh -f
> > /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/util/ghettoVCB-master/vms_to_backup
> >
> > I expect the command to run once a week on a Sunday, but it runs every
> > day. The syntax seems correct. Any ideas what may be going on here?
>
> Is there any chance ESXi doesn't conform to 7 = Sunday?  Have you tried
> "0 1 * * 0" ?

MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it
- you should not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose its content to
any other person. Internet communications are not secure. You should scan
this message and any attachments for viruses. Any unauthorized use or
interception of this e-mail is illegal.