[ale] USB "duplicate" drive issue on CentOS

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Sun Jun 19 14:48:36 EDT 2016

Anybody used Buffalo USB3 cards before? Has NEC chipset and about twice the
price of the Startech. Does more expensive mean better?

ed

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:20 PM, DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:

> I have a single Startech USB3 card too. Noticed that some USB3 devices
> don't
> like it. Think it uses the well-supported NEC chips, but might check that
> with
> yours.  To me, the issue seemed to be with the devices, not the card.
>
> I do have a few USB2 ports which seem to have issues with any USB3 devices.
> Backwards compatible, my ass. ;(
>

> On 06/17/2016 11:59 AM, Edward Holcroft wrote:
> > And that's exactly what I've been using!
> >
> > Anybody have a recommendation for a known good USB3 card?
> >
> > ed
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com
> > <mailto:jim.kinney at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I would be very suspicious of StarTech USB3 cards. I put in several
> and
> >     under any real use they actually crash the box hard. I have the 4
> port,
> >     dedicated 4 channel version.

*Edward O. Holcroft*
IT Operations Manager

*Madsen, Kneppers & Associates, Inc.*
Construction Consultants & Engineers
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250
Johns Creek, GA 30097

*O*  770.446.9606  |  *F*  770.446.9612  |  *C*  770.630.0949  |
eholcroft at mkainc.com

www.mkainc.com

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not