[ale] weirdness

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Sun Jun 5 19:50:52 EDT 2016

Sean,

When you explicitly use ~ it means to substitute the user home dir. So root sees root dir and $user sees their own dir. Thus root won't see your home dir.

Evolution is 99% self healing on its database of stuff for about the past 4-6 years. Mostly involves a reboot to kill off running evolution sub processes and let things settle when it restarts.