[ale] weirdness

kilpatms at comcast.net kilpatms at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 14:55:33 EDT 2016

In order:

No. I have never used su or sudo outside of a shell.

No. this is not an NFS mount.

I am guessing here, but I >think< Evolution has either lost or scrambled the mail index
for the various folders.  Without an index it can't display the files that still exist.
For example, I know that there are 61 emails in the "Linux" folder. Evolution knows the folder is there, but without an index it shows the folder as empty. I also know that the folder "inbox" has completely disappeared, along with the mail stored there.

If a group is missing, I don't know which one it might be.  I checked in /etc/group and all the usual ones are there -- along with a dozen or more I never knew existed.

If there is some way to get Evolution to rebuild the indexes, I have been unable to find it.

Sean