[ale] OT cellular protocol versions

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Jan 22 18:32:41 EST 2015

Sounds like a Sidekick.

What network is he on?  That affects the communication channel.  Not
everything is LTE just yet, lots of things are still using various
modulations and channel types (2G GSM, 3G EDGE, CMDA, 4G LTE or WiMax).

It might be his phone, it might not be. Tower sharing can cause
interference and vegetation can cause other issues.  If the phone gets
dropped a lot then the tiny SAW filters used in some phones can be
damaged causing poor reception.