[ale] Wut ails ye?

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Jan 7 09:34:47 EST 2015

I have noticed that ALE seems to be a little more oriented toward home and hobbyist Linux use.  Maybe we should compile a list of professional expertise among the members?  While I also spend a lot of time doing hobby/home Linux use, most of my time behind the keyboard is spent with work-related Linux computing.  (I'm one of the SUSE sysadmins, BTW).  Some things that I use frequently/have expertise with/can discuss/have interest in:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
OpenSUSE
MariaDB/MySQL
DRBD
SUSE Manager (essentially Spacewalk with SLES support)
CentOS/RHEL
Tripwire Enterprise
Zabbix Monitoring
VMware vSphere/ESXi
XEN/XenServer virtualization
FreeNAS
Enterprise web hosting
Open source/Linux alternatives in an enterprise environment

Allen B.
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer

For the second, helping people see what they need to learn/do/study to
progress. What certs are useful from a "get hired" view and helping
open doors to professional growth. For example, don't we have some
SuSE strengths here? Feel free to ask for testers, documenters,
coders, or whatever else you need. Don't hesitate to talk about your
project so the rest of us can see what's going on.

Does that sound like a useful idea?

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission