[ale] Desktop 32GB of RAM

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Aug 19 12:11:30 EDT 2015

On 08/19/2015 11:26 AM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I even have a RH 8.0 tree we still maintain code on!

Daily or just as-needed?

I'd move these things to lxc or docker, package the environment up and push it
off to some cheap storage (3 copies for safety) and forget about it until needed
again.

Virtualization is the best thing for being able to maintain old dev environments
without sucking current dev effort until necessary. Plus, you can bill the
client extra for staying on that old stuff for storage, thaw and freeze of their
specific environments as a way to encourage them to move forward. ;)
Eventually, cost will get them to switch or you'll be paid for the extra hassle.
 win-win.