[ale] New monitor discussion

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:00:55 EDT 2015

I'm using XFCE and have LOTS of terminal sessions open at once.  I think
you'll be kicking yourself if you don't go for a 2560x1440.  It's SO nice
to have room for all the things!  Given that I'm staring at this thing for
about 7-9 hours a day, the money seems worth it.

Newegg LED/LCD @ 2560x1440 sorted by lowest price:
*http://tinyurl.com/npnegpg <http://tinyurl.com/npnegpg>*

*--chip*

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

>  So, I've decided to get a  new monitor for my primary desktop computer
> at home.  I'm thinking of going with a 27" or so to replace the current
> 20".  Now that resolutions over 1920x1080 are becoming more mainstream, and
> approaching the "I can afford it" range, I'm wondering if they are worth
> it.  Anyone using one of these on a Linux system?  I'll be using XFCE on
> openSUSE, BTW.
> Wondering if I should go that route, or just pick up a 27" 1920x1080?
> Thoughts?
>   --
> Allen Beddingfield
> Systems Engineer
> The University of Alabama

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....