[ale] Recommendations for Two factor authenticaton on Linux (RHEL)?

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Mon Apr 13 14:54:51 EDT 2015

On 4/13/15 2:36 PM, Ben Coleman wrote:
> On 4/13/2015 12:55, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or
>> confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended
>> recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any
>> disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
>> information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
>> received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
>> immediately to the sender that you have received the message in
>> error, and delete it. Thank you
>
> Do your legal people actually believe this has any legal force?  I
> could be wrong (IANAL), but I don't think you can unilaterally
> impose conditions on unrelated parties with whom you don't have any
> legal relationship.
>
> I'm assuming that the office email system slaps this on all
> outgoing emails?

I've heard legal opinions that this sort of boilerplate is just a
request and there is no legal authority to enforce it.  It may be more
of a CYA type of thing, "well at least we asked you" kind of thing.

http://blog.zixcorp.com/2012/09/boilerplate-confidentiality-notices-in-email-why-bother/

http://www.rhlaw.com/blog/legal-effect-of-boilerplate-email-disclaimers/