[ale] Was Ale Breached

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Mon Oct 13 10:20:33 EDT 2014

My experience has been the same.  I do a lot of home/small business stuff when I'm not at my day job, and that involves a lot of Windows, and whatever computer someone picked up at a big box store. Sony is consistently a pain in the rear end when it comes to laptops and desktops.  They always use oddball chipsets for audio, video, and LAN, then they won't release driver updates for any version of Windows that comes out later...sometimes problems introduced with service packs won't get resolved with driver updates.
For desktop/laptop, I always try to steer people toward Dell or HP, and far away from Sony and Toshiba.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer