[ale] Chinese government recommendation - Linux

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon May 19 10:48:22 EDT 2014

heh, heh.

sometimes watching the pain of others is fun and not just cruel.

You should put that guy in front of one the windows servers installed with
no gui and see how long he lasts! As can be imagined, that is NOT a popular
install method.

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 05/19/2014 10:27 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > So I would put forward that the wholesale adoption of Linux will
> > depend on the retraining of the existing admins so they are willing to
> > tell upstream "sure, Linux will be useful here".
> I will never forget the class I went to , I think it was a document
> source code revision app, Rational Rose..
>
> it was me and a windows guy, definitely a mouse expert. Of course this
> was hosted on a UNIX box, and we had to do lots of command-line STUFF,
> using history, and editing the command lines.. It was a HOOT!!! he had
> that deer in the headlights look for 2 days.
> I don't remember him helping out much with the admin of it when we got
> back..
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux User #367800 and new counter #561587

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*