[ale] changes to fstab in fedora 20 - Solved

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 06:21:54 EDT 2014

On 03/13/2014 01:01 AM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Problem solved. Total brain fart. When I saw the different entry
> format I had for some reason thought that that was the way it now
> needed to be done. The difference is that when Anaconda goes through
> this the option(s) part of the mount entry goes
> defaults;x-systemd.device-timeout=0 1 2 instead of like "defaults 0 2"
> which is what I was used to seeing. After doing some more digging into
> fstab & systemd I found the page on systemd-fstab-generator. The way I
> understand it at boot time the systemd service responsible for working
> with fstab runs the old format entries through this
> systemd-fstab-generator and converts it to systemd format at each
> boot-time. It doesn't seem to actually change anything in fstab.
> Shoulda coulda woulda stuck with my first instinct to enter it the old
> way, and I wouldn't be feeling like a complete idiot.
I added 2 entries in fstab, and the next time I booted it crashed. I
finally figured out I had added both as ext4, when one of those
partitions ( used to transfer files back & forth with windows) is really
ntfs. Once I corrected the  entry to be UUID=xxxxx ntfs and rebooted,
everything was fine. So, yes, in fedora 20, the fstab entries are like
they always were..

--
Paul Cartwright