[ale] changes to fstab in fedora 20 - Solved

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 01:01:12 EDT 2014

Problem solved. Total brain fart. When I saw the different entry format
I had for some reason thought that that was the way it now needed to be
done. The difference is that when Anaconda goes through this the
option(s) part of the mount entry goes
defaults;x-systemd.device-timeout=0 1 2 instead of like "defaults 0 2"
which is what I was used to seeing. After doing some more digging into
fstab & systemd I found the page on systemd-fstab-generator. The way I
understand it at boot time the systemd service responsible for working
with fstab runs the old format entries through this
systemd-fstab-generator and converts it to systemd format at each
boot-time. It doesn't seem to actually change anything in fstab. Shoulda
coulda woulda stuck with my first instinct to enter it the old way, and
I wouldn't be feeling like a complete idiot.

Scott C.