[ale] Linux news site

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Jun 28 14:43:02 EDT 2014

On 06/27/2014 10:53 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Would you share your list of Linux news sites that you visit on daily basis to
> gather news about Linux and Foss. I'm daily on WWW.linuxtoday.com
> <http://WWW.linuxtoday.com> but trying to sources.

I don't really follow much Linux news besides the CVEs. I also use RSS for this.
As a blogger running a server, I'd like to point out that many of the RSS feed
readers are abusive towards our sites - I block a bunch of them.  I consider
checking for updates more than every hour "abusive."

* Phoronix
* Ubuntu Portal
* Ubuntu Geek
* OMG! Ubuntu
* SourceTrunk
* My Linux Rig

Of course, I don't read every article, just those that seem "tasty."

Lots of security and perl and ruby and general technology sites too, but that
wasn't the question.

I also follow news from around the world by reading in-country English news
websites. The big-business-news stuff from American and British news companies
is extremely one-sided, IMHO.

If it wasn't for RSS feeds, I'd never keep up. Often, less than 10 seconds per
site is needed daily.