[ale] OT: Cell service provider recommendations

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Jun 5 17:08:58 EDT 2014

It depends on where you are....like with most cell plans.
The worst is usually at home for any of them.
I've been pretty happy with T-mobile, and I like their plans.
Mostly I run into areas where I don't get 4g/LTE rather than no signal.
The exception is my house, naturally. I ended up buying and installing a repeater so I can get good signal in my basement.
I like htc myself. I have three htc one S's and my personal phone is an htc one.
I wouldn't get a samsung myself, because I always load custom roms on my phones, and they are the worst for rooting. Samsung actively fights rooting but htc has a web site that walks you through the process.
The only other device I have now is a N7 tablet, which is an ASUS oem, I believe. Coming from Google, it was no big deal to root and it was already unlocked.
I've considered LG's and was thinking about getting a motorola until lenovo picked them up. Now, not so sure.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com> 6/5/2014 3:26 PM >>>
So we're sort of getting tired of ATT's games with pricing. We have 5
phones with 15Gb data and paying ~$340/month with my wife's state
employee discount. We're looking to bail out of ATT and go with
T-Mobile's program to pay contract termination fees. We can get all 5
phones exchanged for new ones plus the deal only gives 1GB/phone, but I
can get and extra 2GB for $10. So what I'm asking is 2 things:

1. How is T-Mobile's service and also their coverage?

2. Motorola, LG, Samsung, or HTC?

Thanks,
Scott C.

--
Sent to you NSA, the CIA, FBI and God only knows who else?!