[ale] New Linksys router on its way

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Jan 7 14:46:10 EST 2014

If the reviews work out well I'm considering one to replace my main
gateway WRT.  Having the ability to drop a small eSATA drive on it would
be handy for logs.  Currently both of my WRTs log remotely but a local
copy would be fantastic.  I  could also use it to handle storage of
photos from the security cameras as a duplicate to the emails that get
sent out.  I don't think I'd use it as any sort of NAS itself if it's my
gateway device but certainly for logs and transient storage (like the
photos) being able to dangle a non-flash drive off an already running
device would be handy.