[ale] Hard Drive recovery of data help please

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:13:21 EDT 2014

bacula.

I have a 1U tape system and a dedicated backup server.

Sadly, I'm running out of room. I need to upgrade to a more modern tape
system but can't justify the cost of an LTO[5,6] tape system. So I'm adding
a RAID6 drive array as an extra storage space for the bacula process to
write to. The tape will still store the the full backups. The drive array
will hold both full and  incrementals and differentials for faster replay.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Jones, Donald <dgjones37 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't mind me asking, what is your (personal/desktop) backup
> solution?  And should backups be daily?
>
> Thanks,
> Donald
>
> On 4/20/2014 7:56 PM, JD wrote:
>
>> On 04/20/2014 10:09 AM, dev null zero two wrote:
>>
>>> if that doesn't work, I would definitely recommend myharddrivedied.com
>>> <http://myharddrivedied.com> in Woodstock, Scott is awesome.
>>>
>> Yep.  Scott teaches data recovery and has the necessary equipment for the
>> job.
>> However, he will expect to be paid. Whether the rate is "reasonable" or
>> not
>> depends on how important that stuff is.
>>
>> Backups are much cheaper, just sayin'.

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*