[ale] Hard Drive recovery of data help please

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:01:04 EDT 2014

On 04/21/2014 05:14 PM, Jones, Donald wrote:
> If you don't mind me asking, what is your (personal/desktop) backup
> solution?  And should backups be daily?

Oh my... now that should get you a few hundred responses:)

I do a simple rsync script..

rsync -avz  --exclude-from=/home/pbc/bin/excluded /  "/extra/fedora"

where /extra is a partition on another drive. I have a dual-drive
system. I also backup to an external USB drive ( similar script, and my
important stuff ( photos) filled a 64Gb USB stick..

--
Paul Cartwright