[ale] Linux UTM

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Apr 18 21:05:19 EDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-04-18 at 19:10 -0400, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Is absolutely for personal use. (actually preventing my kids for
> access to stuff not for them). Why https! Everything is over https
> today (social sites email even google search is default https). Or you
> can tell me if i'm in wrong direction.

Oh, I understand why https.  The question was really the scope, which
you've stated - personal.

You can do this, it just means setting up a proxy with a certificate
which you then have to accept in your browser.  There may be some loss
of control over verification of other certificates, since it's then the
proxy doing the verification.  I haven't actually set one up for this
but I know it can be done.  You just don't need the level of setup that
a big corporation might deploy where they would use custom CA's and what
not.

Regards,
Mike