[ale] [OT] Science Fiction

Adrya Stembridge adrya.stembridge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:43:09 EDT 2014

Lucifer's Hammer was my introduction to Niven way back in the 80s.
 Thrilling read for a teenager.

Another favorite is Fred Saberhagen's Berserker series, starting with
Berserker in 1967.  To this day I am convinced that the Berserkers were the
idea behind Star Trek's Borg.   Berserker Fury (1997) was one of the last
in the series and was actually kind of dark/horrific in places.

Rendezvous with Rama is near the top of my list of best sci-fi books.
 Loved this book and the cheesy RPG that was released in the '90s.  I hear
talk of a movie from time to time but I don't see how 1.5 hours can do
Clarke's work any favors.

> You should also check out the book’s Larry co-authored with Jerry
Pournelle such as Lucifer’s hammer – really good reading as well.