[ale] how do you force an android app to run in background

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sun Oct 27 23:41:05 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I was just now listening to a talk about the go language.  It was a flash video running in a tab in the dolphin web browser.

Every time I'd open a new tab or switch to another apps such as email, the video would stop.  On a PC, I can easily multi task by listening to the video in the background and doing something else in another tab or another app.  But, apparently not on android.

This issue, when I have the need to do multi tasking, drives me nuts.

Is there a way to force the video to continue to execute even though it's in the background?

I even tried the youtube app, and the same thing happens.

At times like this, I'd rather have Mint or something on the machine than android.  I do realize full multitasking drains down battery power, etc.  That's a compromise I'd be willing to make.

The tablet is an Acer A500 with stock android 4 and not rooted.

Sincerely,

Ron