[ale] [OT] Mac question

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Sun Oct 27 14:03:04 EDT 2013

On 10/27/2013 12:20 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> HP laser printer connected to LAN; supports duplex printing.
>
> On a Mac laptop try to print a PDF and print dialog box permits duplex
> printing.
>
> Try to print a Word document and the print dialog box does not have a
> duplex option.
>
> Is it possible to force the {insert Aaron's language of choice here}
> Micro$oft software to use the Mac standard print dialog box?

This isn't as off-topic as you think given that the same printing system
is used (CUPS is used on Linux systems as well as OS X, though OS X's
has extensions).

That said, it's Secret.  :-)

You must define a "Printing Profile" and then use that printing profile
in the applicatino you want to print from once.  THen it will always
reuse the same profile.  You can define those printing profiles  in the
System Preferences application, and you can also define them using CUPS
configuration files (though you probably don't want to do that).

I do not, however, have a list of directions handy at the moment.

     --- Mike

--

	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843