[ale] Network topology mapping with linux?

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 17:35:35 EDT 2013

zenmap will get the IP list and map by hop-count (via traceroute) -
but I was looking for something that will map the layer-2 connections
of what plugs into what

ie Router A connects with Router B and Switch C&D on ports....

Found another option:
http://search.cpan.org/~kasha/SNMP-Map-1.01/Map.pm
polls SNMP and feeds graphviz. Haven't tried it yet, but looks promising.