[ale] Survey - preferred Linux distro, desktop, and browser.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 10:21:15 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Tom Freeman <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>wrote:

> Not asked - but...
> libreoffice for document stuff - with the realization I need 1) learn to
> use the suite more effectively so later edits don't become exercises in
> reformating 2) want to learn LaTeX  with proper document management system
> behind it.

Learn _how_ to use the sylesheets and the writing process becomes much.
much simpler and edits are feasible again.

Stylesheets are the gui way to make the equivalent of what LaTex can do -
it separates the content from the format.

Docbook is an alternative but the learning curve is on par with LaTex. It
looks like XML but is all formatting codes.
James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain