[ale] Monitoring (Was "Todays trends")

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue Oct 15 13:39:23 EDT 2013

Hi Charles,

This is off topic in the new world order, so I'll try to be brief.  It is an old thread though.

I agree with your statement, as stated, but with an addendum.

I periodically go to a chiropractor to dekink my bones from the side effects of lots of computer work, minimal exercise, and sleeping crooked.  He deserves to be right next to Scotty from the starship Enterprise as a "miracle worker".  So, neither a balanced immune system nor drugs will fix that.

But ...

I've personally met a very smart soon to be high school graduate at a meeting.  She has scoliosis, or abnormally curved spine.  She has been and is facing the prospect of fairly radical neurosurgery which would almost certainly REDUCE her mobility by a large percentage, especially if they fuse her vertebrae.  So, in essence, the surgery will substantially DISABLE her, much more so than she is now.  If the condition is not treated, it could be dangerous, so something has to be done.  Interestingly enough, she wants to become a neurosurgeon.

I've referred her to my chiropractor, and since patient info is confidential, I may never know what happens.  BUT, the staff tells me that they have helped MANY similar people and are usually able to avoid any surgery and CURE the problem.

So, conventional science wants her to spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars on an inferior treatment which will likely leave her partially disabled for the rest of her life and is irreversible, when there is a non invasive, harmless treatment that costs only hundreds or thousands of dollars (depending on the number of visits) which is likely to totally cure her.

That makes me sick!

My original comment was mainly about the drugs, which were mentioned in the context of patents.  Try this experiment.  Take some time to look at and listen to a bunch of drug ads on your favorite news or sports channel rather than passing over them.  They almost all essentially say this:

You have these symptoms from this disease that you don't like.  Take our (probably insanely expensive) drug for the rest of your life and we'll relieve your symptoms while not doing hardly anything to cure the disease.  In addition, we'll probably damage your organs and possibly kill you in the process.  Enjoy, and keep feeding us your money.

That's what also makes me sick!

The most irritating are the ones for "enhancement" of body parts, weight loss, and low energy.  Well, most people, if they don't have organ damage or genetic defects, can use proper nutrition and exercise to foster a balanced immune system, and other systems, which will naturally allow your body parts to work, your weight to be ok, and your energy to be sufficient.

I didn't say it it would be easy.  I sometimes have excess weight and low energy myself.  Like right now.  Time for a 2PM lunch after staying up half the night.

Yes ... that was my brief answer.

Sincerely,

Ron