[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Oct 14 10:23:04 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 10:04 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to post this.  I'm afraid a good bit of it
> is over my head.  But, I am keeping it on hand in case I can use it
> later.

I would recommend spending some time reading up on filesystems and LVM,
then.  They're too useful to ignore.  While I've seen next to nobody use
Windows "dynamic disks", for example (not that it bothers me---Linux
supports accessing them just fine), LVM is an extremely useful toolset
and not that hard to learn.  There are a handful of utilities that you
have to learn how to use, but they're very well organized and just do
little things (for example, the utilities starting with pv* are physical
volume utilities, the utilities starting with vg* are the volume group
utilities, the utilities starting with lv* are logical volume
utillities, etc.).  They're named after what they do, and the man pages
are useful.

    --- MIke

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843