[ale] [meta] List filters

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat Nov 2 06:42:12 EDT 2013

On Saturday 02 November 2013, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> Since client-side software for mail sucks so bad these days, are there
> any ways that it is possible to instruct mailman that, e.g., I wish to
> see no posts from a certain individual or individuals?

Not with Mailman 2.X. Something like this may be coming in Mailman 3.0 Lots
of new stuff on the horizon. Spam filters, better web UI, dynamic sub
lists...

You could probably filter an individual with Gmail and still download the
rest with pop. Never done this but have done the reverse to white list
people they decided to filter for inexplicable reasons.

> Failing that, anyone know of a good mail client that implements Usenet
> like features that is stable and still works in modern environments, and
> isn't solely terminal based?

KMail has some elaborate filters. Don't see kill or delete, but move to trash
and mark read should work.

If you want true Usenet style filters in an email client Forte Agent runs
great under Wine or Crossover.

And yes as you mentioned in the other thread, please create the chat list!
--
William