[ale] [semi OT] encouraging and discouraging HDD and SSD observations

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Fri Nov 1 08:18:16 EDT 2013

On 11/01/2013 08:06 AM, Phil Turmel wrote:
> That's probably a reference to "bcache", a new persistent block device
> cache for linux.  I don't know if there's any initramfs support for
> assembly yet, but you could roll your own.  That'd do what you're thinking.

Sounds like a nice thing to try.  I might want to do that, actually,
given my workflow and large storage requirements.

I have 2 TB of data on my regular workstation; however, on any given day
I don't access even 10% of it, and in any given week I probably been
work on one to three projects that are relatively "small" (relative to
the size of a 100GB SSD, that is).

Thanks for the pointer, there, and I'm totally going to look into that.

     --- Mike

--

	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843