[ale] help with java crash

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Jun 28 19:48:30 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for all these tips.  I hope to be troubleshooting this again next week.  The app I want to run is the fxtrade web app for oanda.com currency trading.  My account is on the scale that I'll be trading pennies, but I want to practice.  Most anywhere else, you have to trade multiples of $ 1K at a time.  I don't think I've ever had this running in Linux.  Anyone else can try it by setting up a dummy account with pretend money.  I'll probably try upgrading to openjdk 7 then work my way through the list of suggestions.

Tonight I came home and found that my two main desktop systems and my dehumidifier off due to a thunderstorm that went through and glitched the power.  Restarting things is always fun (not) and time consuming.  I'm running the desktop machines at high power consumption levels, so I don't have them on UPS at the moment.  I hope nothing is damaged.

Other than that, I like to do fun things on Friday evening.  I don't consider being outside in 90 degree weather fun.  But, I'm hoping to start playing with a graphics drawing tablet (interface / not computer) and book and dvd for the Blender 3d modeling system.

Sincerely,

Ron