[ale] Mail Client Suggestions For Exchange

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Tue Jun 18 19:01:22 EDT 2013

For the Exchange server at my work:

W/ fetchmail, I manually kick off a pull:

$ fetchmail -a -m "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" -p imap --auth ntlm -u 'horkan.smith' -r "foldername" mail.companyname.com

(Well, actually that's in a script.  Err, actually, that's what the script would say if I removed all of the maildrop stuff...)

For the fairly rare occasions I go straight to the Exchange server imap port from mutt:

$ mutt -f imap://horkan.smith@mail.companyname.com/inbox

I *think* the only Exchange / imap related lines in my .muttrc are:

set imap_keepalive=150
mailboxes imap://horkan.smith@mail.companyname.com imap://horkan.smith@mail.companyname.com/Inbox/Sent

This all assumes your Exchange administrators were nice enough to turn on imap or imaps.

later!
   horkan