[ale] OT: check light diagnostic tool

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Wed Jun 12 12:20:07 EDT 2013

On 06/12/2013 12:07 PM, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> Yes, it is for a 1999 Mazda pickup. Really would like immediate
> results, so don't want to wait for over night shipping. Took it by
> autozone a while back, but did not show anything. Also, it doesn't
> stay on. Has been blinking on and off for a couple of months. Just
> recently it has been coming on more regularly, hence the inquiry. I'll
> check my local auto parts stores.

I can loan you mine if you're nearby.  Intermittent problems suck.
(Also, if the MIL actually blinks, that's usually a high-severity event
and should be pulled ASAP.  GM vehicles, for example, will blink the MIL
when the engine is actively and frequently misfiring, to alert the user
to the fact that they should really ease up on or cease use of the
engine entirely.)

However, I am pretty sure very few people are "nearby". :-)

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (888) 494-5810 x130