[ale] Dual video on HP pavillion running Centos

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Jul 24 09:39:03 EDT 2013

Indeed, it is thus.

The DVI connector on the system board did not have the four pins
surrounding the large blade connector,
and the DVI-to-VGA adapter would not fit.

But, after pondering it a bit yesterday, I tried the cable which is DVI
at one end and HDMI at the other, and voila,
that sucker worked right out of the box.   With the stock Intel video
chipset.    2 monitors at 1920x.

I just had to convince my wife to swap 24" monitors, so I got the one
with VGA + 2 HDMI.

This stuff just gets more like magic the less I have to dork with the
details.   I'm almost forgetting the pain of
setting up X in Fedora Core 2.

Thanks,

Neal