[ale] [OT] Cars and licensing... (Was: Re: Well, this does nothing for the reputation of Linux)

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Jul 22 15:28:39 EDT 2013

On 07/22/2013 02:01 PM, Brian MacLeod wrote:
> I think one of the things Michael was pointing out, though (if not,
> it's one of my pet peeves), is that a lot of people treat completely
> dead stoplights as if they've got a yellow.

No, but that happens a lot too, and it pisses me off.  On the flip side,
I have *also* driven through unfamiliar areas and been completely
unaware of the fact that I've driven through an intersection with a
light.  Not so much here, where stop-lights tend to be the rule, but in
areas where they are the exception...

> I also don't care for those folks who've got a flashing yellow and
> treat it as a stop, because invariably they end up causing cross
> traffic to proceed (they now think the light is flashing red 4 way
> stop), and the person traveling opposite in the opposite lane suddenly
> has to lock up.  Granted they shouldn't have been traveling so fast as
> to make that a chore, but...

It's downright unsafe when e.g., a 45 MPH road that has a flashing
yellow is approaching a 25 MPH road that has a flashing red.  Someone in
the left-most lane invariably stops, giving that impression, and someone
ALWAYS hits the person turning into the caution-road.  People just don't
know what "stop until clear" means, I guess.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (888) 494-5810 x130